In its endeavour to promote internationally competitive academic research, provide world-class education programs to cultivate outstanding international human resources and thereby contribute to the international society based on academic freedom the Kyoto University is eagerly encouraging an international atmosphere. Therefore the Kyoto University is inviting foreign students from all over the world to study and research at Kyoto and profit from its strengths and benefits while contributing to the exchange of knowledge and ideas.
Why Kyoto University?
Introduction to Kyoto University
Why choose Kyoto?
- Cutting-Edge Research Hub
- World-Class Education Programs
- Study in Kyoto – Japans Heartland of Culture and Learning
As an exchange student you will profit from the
- ability to freely follow your academic interests and excel your knowledge in your own field of specialization.
- beneficial instructor-student-ratio of 1 to 6.
- over 42 research facilities in Japan and the network of over 50 research facilities all over the world.
- wide-range of academic research field.
KUNIEP (Kyoto Unversity International Education Program)
Basic Guidelines and Information
Support and Student Life
|Kyoto University’s Admissions Guide for International Applicants (PDF)|
(including Information on Visa, Insurance, etc.)
Handbook for International Students 2018/19 (PDF)
Handbook for International Researchers (PDF)
Courses in English
|Liberal Arts and Sciences to Learn in English|
Scholarship for International Students In Japan 2017-2018 (PDF)
(Source: Japan Student Services Organization [JASSO])