The HeKKSaGOn network was founded in 2010 as an alliance between six Universitiy in Germany and Japan consisting of the following partners:
of Technology (KIT)
|Tohoku University||University of Göttingen||Osaka University|
HeKKSaGOn network aims at contributing to the welfare both of our countries and of the world at large. In order to achieve its objectives, the German-Japanese consortium has agreed to concentrate on the following activities:
- to set up research groups on specific aspects related to the priority areas.
- to involve extra-university research institutions and industrial partners in research projects.
- to cooperate in the training of young researchers and to develop joint programs for graduate / doctoral students.
- to promote the mobility of academic staff, young researchers and students within in the consortium.
- to cooperate as a consortium in competing for funding from national and international agencies.
- to disseminate research results and make them available to the public for innovation and application.
In consideration of
and remaining of the conviction
six leading research universities from Japan and Germany decided in July 2010 to establish a bi-national network in order to intensify their cooperation in research and teaching in areas of high importance for the welfare of their societies and mankind as a whole.
For the full version of the Mission Statment please click here.
Working Groups & Projects
- Life and Natural Science Fusion
- Coordination Chemistry for Energy Conversion, Catalysis and Nanotechnology
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Disaster Risk and Response: Scientific and Technological Issues
- Dynamic Imaging for Physical, Chemical and Biological Interests
- Robotics: Challenges and Opportunities in the 21st Century
- Japanese-German Neuroscience Research Network Focusing on Psychosis, Affective Disorders and Related Traits
- Mathematics at the Interface of Science and Technology toward Innovation – Seeds in Mathematics versus Needs outside Mathematics
The HeKKSaGOn Winter School is a continuous effort to create interdisciplinary partnerships and bring together researchers from various disciplines. Its aim is to inspire, motivate, and encourage talented PhD students from Germany and Japan. Further information and application details can be acquired here.
For more detailed information on the HeKKSaGOn Network of Universities please visit the following link.