A delegation from several universities in Occitanie, France, visited Kyoto University on December 5, 2016. Kyoto Prefecture has a sister area relationship with Occitanie. The Occitanie delegation comprised of:
- President Philippe Raimbault and Vice-President Laurent Grosclaude of Université Fédérale de Toulouse Midi-Pyrénées
- President Monique Reyre of École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Toulouse
- President Patrick Gilli of Université Paul-Valéry Montpellier 3
- Vice-President Marie-Helene Monserie-Bon of Université Toulouse 1 Capitole
- Prof. Elodie NOURRIGAT of École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Montpellier
The delegates met with Prof. Yasuto Tachikawa, assistant to the executive vice-president for international affairs to discuss the development of student exchange and research collaboration.