The National University Corporation Kyoto University ASEAN Center (hereinafter referred to as “the Center”) collects, uses, and discloses personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
１．Details of the Center
Name: National University Corporation Kyoto University ASEAN Center
Address: No. 3925, 9F, BB Building, 54 Sukhumvit, 21 (Asoke), Kwaeng Klongtoey Nua, Khet Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel: (+66) (0)2-664-0060
E-mail: asean-bangkok [at] oc.kyoto-u.ac.jp
２．Personal data which is collected by the Center
The Center will collect, use, and disclose personal data for the following purposes:
|Personal data of:||Purpose||Categories of personal data|
|Persons who access the ASEAN Centerʼs SNS accounts||
|Persons affiliated with organizations related to/of interest to the ASEAN Center, etc.
Persons who visit the ASEAN Center
|Event participants (symposiums, seminars, study abroad fairs, etc.)||
|Applicants for enrollment, prospective international students||
３．Legal basis of processing
- The Center shall use personal data to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- The Center shall use the personal data described in Item 2 for the purposes described in Item 2 for which you have given your consent. Where the processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent without affecting the legality of any processing based on your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- The Center shall use the personal data to comply with our obligations, to exercise our rights under contracts concluded with you, and to provide services in response to your requests and inquiries.
- The Center shall also use your personal data for the purpose of fulfilling its own legitimate interests, such as complying with audits by the National University Corporation Kyoto University, audits by external organizations, and legal obligations required by Japanese law.
- The center shall only process special categories of personal data, such as dietary requirements for catered events and access requirements, with your explicit consent.
- If the Centerʼs performance of contractual obligations or provision of services requires specific data, and you choose not to provide such data, the Center may be unable to commence or continue performing such obligations or providing such services to you.
４．Data sharing and transfer
Provided you have given your consent, the Center may share, transfer, and re-transfer your personal data with the third parties outside Thailand named below in order to comply with legal obligations, perform contractual obligations, or provide services that you have requested. The countries to which your data is transferred or re-transferred may not have data protection laws that comply with the stipulations of the applicable laws and regulations. However, The Center will ensure that your personal data is protected and safeguarded appropriately.
- National University Corporation Kyoto University, Japan (Head Office).
- The Ministry of Education Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, the Board of Audit of Japan, and other Japanese public institutions.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data.
- To withdraw consent for the use of your personal data.
- To access your personal data.
- To request a copy of your data.
- To request disclosure of the acquisition of personal data obtained without your consent.
- To receive from the Center, in a reasonable format specified by you, any personal data that you have provided and which it holds (including for the purpose of you providing that personal data to another data controller).
- To object to the collection, usage, or disclosure of your personal data.
- To request the Center to erase, destroy, or anonymize your personal data. For example, when it is no longer necessary to process the data for the intended purposes, or when your consent has been withdrawn.
- To require the Center to restrict its processing of your personal data.
- To request the Center to keep your personal data accurate, up-to-date, complete, and not misleading.
- To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority regarding the processing of your personal data.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and the Center may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or if you have a complaint about the way in which you believe your data is being processed, please contact the Center at the following e-mail address: asean-bangkok [at] oc.kyoto-u.ac.jp
７．Protection of your personal data
The Center shall implement appropriate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
８．How long is your personal data retained for?
Your personal data shall be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes described above. It shall be retained in accordance with the regulations of National University Corporation Kyoto University and the applicable regulations and laws.
９．Effective date and amendments to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is effective from December 23, 2021. The policies herein shall be amended when necessary, in accordance with the policies of the Center and the applicable regulations and laws of the Kingdom of Thailand and Japan.