The “DAAD-Kyoto University Partnership Programme” aims to foster academic exchange and co-operation between institutions of higher education and research institutions of the Federal Republic of Germany and Kyoto University in order to promote joint research projects and scientific collaboration in any field connected to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through funding to increase the mobility of junior scholars and Early Career Researcher (ECR) Early Career Researchers (ECR) include students still pursuing their doctoral degree and scholars holding a Ph.D. -degree for no longer than 5 years, excluding time for childcare leave.
- Scholars/researchers/research groups in all academic fields at Kyoto University having/planning joint research projects with German partners.
- Projects must comprise the exchange of Early Career Researchers (ECR) such as students still pursuing their doctoral degrees and scientists who obtained their PhD degrees no longer than 5 years ago.
- The funds of this programme are provided ONLY to ECR’s mobility belonging to Kyoto University.
- Amount: Max. 2,000,000 JPY (e.g. International air fare, accommodation costs, registration fee for participating symposium and conference, and necessary consumables.)
- URAs in KURA and staff in DAAD Tokyo will support networking, funding, and introducing researchers.
- Term of project: fund starts on 1 April 2024 (in Kyoto)/1 January 2024 in Germany (by DAAD).
- Application period: from 14 June to 15 September 2023.
- Review and individual interview (if necessary): late of September to November 2023.
- Result: to be announced in around late November 2023.
Please submit the applications form (Project description) to KURA: AIDA team via e-mail.
- Application form (Project Description, Financing plan ) *An applicant in Kyoto University and his/her German partner are asked to prepare the common application form after mutual negotiations.
- Reference: Research Profile Template
In addition to the submission of the above mentioned application form to KURA via e-mail, the German partner should complete and file the required application documents at DAAD portal.
For Researchers in Germany, please refer to the application procedures on the DAAD website (Partnerschaftsprogramm mit der Universität Kyoto).
Kyoto University Research Administration Center (KURA)
AIDA Program Team (Taro Sonobe, Yumi Toyoda, Chie K. Murakado)
TEL : +81 (0)75-753-5179
E-Mail: aida*kura.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace “*” with “@”.)
Program Website and Researchers’ Reports
Related events, information and activity reports by previous awardees are available on the AI DA / DAAD-Kyoto program website.
“Like” us on 間：AIDA Facebook to receive up to date information on events and funding opportunities.